To schedule a session, click here!
Welcome to the website for the private practice of Xerlan and Christopher Deery. We are Licensed Massage Therapists, Board Certified in Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork and providers of Advanced Education approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork. Our office is located at 1023 Gay Street in Phoenixville, PA. We have many years of experience in several types of Massage and Bodywork, and tailor each session to your individual needs. This is Xerlan’s 30th year in practice and Chris’ 20th Year in practice. We specialize in ‘outcome based’ therapeutic massage: massage and bodywork with specific goals. Your unique session will be created through a thorough intake process. We want you to know all of your choices and feel completely comfortable before you get on the massage table. It is our belief and understanding that massage therapy and bodywork is healthcare, and that staying at the leading edge of our profession is important. We have education and experience working safely and effectively with people who have complex physical and medical issues.
We specialize in;
- Pain Management
- Christopher Deery was at subject matter expert on Massage and Pain
- The Impact of Massage Therapy on Function in Pain Populations—A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials: Part I, Patients Experiencing Pain in the General Population
- The Impact of Massage Therapy on Function in Pain Populations—A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials: Part II, Cancer Pain Populations
- The Impact of Massage Therapy on Function in Pain Populations—A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials: Part III, Surgical Pain Populations
- People in cancer treatment
- Xerlan and Christopher have both been Massage Therapy Providers for Unite for Her since 2013
- Cancer survivors of all activity levels
- Xerlan has been working with cancer patients since 1990 and currently also sees patients at Paoli Cancer Center. She was the first Recognized Education Provider by The Society for Oncology Massage in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Expecting mothers
- Just peek at the amazing Massage Table Xerlan helped design
- Competitive and professional athletes
- Xerlan and Chris have worked with many athletes throughout their careers. They spent 17 years in contracts with two Division 1 Universities in Oklahoma and providing coverage for several local high schools, so they know what it is like to provide massage in the training room, on the sidelines, traveling with teams, working with multiple competing teams in tournaments and serving individual athletes of all levels
- and people who respect and value skilled holistic massage therapy and bodywork
People are not paper dolls, and shouldn’t be massaged that way. We will keep you comfortable while we are working with you. We will adjust pressure and positioning during each session. Massage should never hurt, (even deep tissue) it isn’t how deep but how we work with you: the rhythm, pressure, depth and speed combine within a comfortable therapeutic model.
We can address almost every issue that stresses your tissues and admit and refer you to another health professional when massage therapy and bodywork may not be the best choice. At Phoenixville Massage & Bodywork, the focus is you. We intentionally schedule plenty of time between appointments, and deliver full 60-minute hour sessions, 30-minute half hour sessions, and 90-minute hour and a half sessions. You pay for our time, not by which technique we pull out of our toolkit – Your body is our business, and our hands know the passwords.
We are active volunteers within our communities, and are ardent supporters of the Massage Therapy Foundation, the Society for Oncology Massage, the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork, and the American Massage Therapy Association.
These are only some of the many benefits of Massage Therapy.
- Massage Can Aid in Pain Relief
- Massage Therapy Can Improve the Quality of Life for Those in Hospice and Palliative Care
- Massage Therapy Can Aid in Postoperative Pain Relief
- Massage Therapy Can Be a Valuable Component of a Wellness Program
- Massage Therapy Can Relieve Stress
- Massage Therapy May Benefit Newborns
- Massage Can Reduce Symptoms of Depression
- Massage Therapy for Those Who Exercise
- Massage Can Be Effective for Tension Headaches
- Massage Therapy Can Help Improve Sleep
- Massage Therapy as Beneficial Part of Integrative Treatment Plan for Fibromyalgia
- Massage Therapy Can be Effective for Low Back Pain